The Company is an insurance broker registered with Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India ( IRDA license number IRDA/ DB 595/14) and provides insurance broking and related services over its Web Site located in India. IRDA license number IRDA/ DB 595/14.
OpenWorld Insurance Broking is totally committed to protecting the privacy rights of Users and/or clients and endeavors to ensure that the information/details provided or forwarded to or registered through the Web Site are not shared or disclosed to any third parties outside of OpenWorld Insurance Broking for any purpose unless specific consent of the client has been obtained and except as provided hereunder.
This document outlines our information sharing practices to afford you an understanding as to how we protect your privacy when we collect or use the information about you and the actions we seek to take to safeguard such information.
To access the information available on www.insuranceinbox.com and avail yourself of some of the services offered by the Web Site, you need to sign up/ apply by giving certain basic details that personally identify you. OpenWorld Insurance Broking needs this minimal information to operate the online services provided through the Web Site. OpenWorld Insurance Broking encourages you to update this information as and when there are any changes. When you do this through easily navigable clicks, you will help us to stay in contact with you and provide you timely service.
Information we seek to collect:
We collect information about you as required by the insurance companies in order to provide you the service. Such information may include:
- Information we receive from you through applications, the Web Site or required questionnaires;
- Information about your transactions with us or previous insurers; such as your policy coverage, claim information, premiums and payment history.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the above, information collected by us from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
contact data (such as your email address and phone number);
demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your pin code);
data regarding your usage of the services and history of the appointments made by or with you through the use of Services;
insurance data (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan);
other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us (such as information shared by you with us through emails or letters.
The information collected from you by the Company may constitute ‘personal information’ or ‘sensitive personal data or information’ under the SPI Rules.
“Personal Information” is defined under the SPI Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person. The SPI Rules further define “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” of a person to mean personal information about that person relating to:
- financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and
- any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise:
The Company will be free to use, collect and disclose information that is freely available in the public domain without your consent.
Information We Share:
- We do not disclose any non public personal information about our clients, both existing and former, to anyone, except:
- As permitted by law or under directions of a regulator;
- For servicing your requests and facilitating your use of our site;
- For purposes of analysis and to improve the functionality of Our Web Site, and products and services provided through the Web Site;
- To identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our Web Site and
- You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your personal information changes, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through email@example.com. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete), or the Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, the Company may, at its sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the Services to you. There may be circumstances where the Company will not correct, delete or update your Personal Data, including (a) where the Personal Data is opinion data that is kept solely for evaluative purpose; and (b) the Personal Data is in documents related to a prosecution if all proceedings relating to the prosecution have not been completed.
- If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Services, contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain your information for as long as your account with the Services is active and as needed to provide you the Services. We shall not retain such information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes. Please note that your withdrawal of consent or cancellation of account may result in the Company being unable to provide you with its Services or to terminate any existing relationship the Company may have with you.
If you are no longer interested in receiving e-mail announcements and other marketing information from us please e-mail your request to email@example.com or opt for un-subscription from the email footer or by logging into your account.And choosing such an option.
Third Party Sites:
The Company strictly follows the norms of non-disclosure agreements that it entered into with third parties. It is our endeavor to ensure that the websites linked to us are safe and secure and adhere to international best practices. However, we have no control over third party websites. Given our legal responsibilities to legal authorities and regulators, there may be situations when we need to share your information or processes with legal authorities or need to protect our right or comply with the directions or the terms and conditions to be imposed by any such authority.
There might be affiliates or other sites linked to our Web Site. Personal information that you provide to those sites are not our property. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies. These sites may place their cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information.
Confidentiality and Security
- Your Personal Information is maintained by the Company in electronic form on its equipment, and on the equipment of its employees. Such information may also be converted to physical form from time to time. We take all necessary precautions to protect your personal information both online and off-line, and implement reasonable security practices and measures including certain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of our business.
- No administrator will have knowledge of your password. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, your computer and your mobile phone. Be sure to log off from the Website when finished. The Company does not undertake any liability for any unauthorized use of your account and password. If you suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately notify The Company by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org. You shall be liable to indemnify the Company due to any loss suffered by it due to such unauthorized use of your account and password.
- The Company makes all User information accessible to its employees, agents or partners and third parties only on a need-to-know basis.
- Part of the functionality of the Company is assisting the patients to access information relating to them. The Company may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the relevant patients, or to their doctors.
- Notwithstanding the above, the Company is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your Personal Information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such partners and third parties. Further, the Company shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond the reasonable control of the Company including but not limited to, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the User etc.